Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DOK-Questioning-Week Six

I recently had a guest speaker address my classes and part of her presentation included a multimedia file that integrated PowerPoint, audio, and video files. After the presentation I asked my Business Computer Application students to make observations on the strengths and weaknesses of the presentations. I could have deepened the level of questioning on this activity by not only asking students to make observations about the presentation but I could have asked them to  redesign the presentation incorporating the improvements that they have suggested. This would have allowed the students to make more meaningful connections with the presentation and also work on their creativity skills in integrating improvements to the presentation.

I may use this strategy when having the students do self-evaluations.  I might ask first for their feedback on how they could have improved their presentation and then go back and have the students implement the changes on each other's presentations.  We'll see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment