Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 12-Collaborative Presentations Part I

I recently assigned collaborative presentations in my BCA class. The students have now been introduced to a variety of presentation programs, so I allowed them to pick their favorite program and create a presentation for the class. I left the topic open-ended, the students simply had to have my approval on their topic before starting, but could select almost anything that was "school-appropriate" of course. I limited the amount of text that they could have on their slides and set a minimum presentation time of 3 minutes, which seems to work well with this age group. Most students can get to that mark and are not usually too far over the mark. Other than those restrictions I left the kids free to create and by and large they did a good job. I was surprised that many of the students picked Prezi as their format of choice. However, the presentations were as good on Prezi as from those that picked PowerPoint. The students will adapt to whatever media we have available given time to work with it and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment