While I do not have a particular student with special needs that I considered, I tried to think of apps that would help those students in the "gray area." Those that are not low enough for an IEP but that need extra help to be successful.
I have several students that are very auditory in nature and respond best when they are able to participate in discussion of concepts and relation of those concepts to real life. For those students, I chose Evernote. This is an app which allows auditory recording of lectures for students to play back at their convenience. Some of my auditory students will never pick up the text to read the chapter information that we have discussed, so having the ability to listen to the lecture again would be invaluable. It may be the only way that those students study.
The second app I selected was Read2Go. This is an app that allows students to listen to textbooks and educational literature. This app again benefits the "gray area" students that may struggle with reading the literature but are perfectly capable of understanding concepts if they are presented orally. Since students constantly have iPhones, iPads or iPods with them, no one will know if the student needing help is listening to music or their American History text. Plus for those students who can multi-task hearing the information again while they study may be beneficial.


No comments:
Post a Comment